Make music to the Lord with the harp, with the harp and the sound of singing,
with trumpets and the blast of the ram’s horn — shout for joy before the Lord, the King.
Caldwell Academy offers several levels of concert bands, serving students from 4th through 12th Grade.
- The Beginner Band is comprised of students in 4th and 5th Grades who have never played a musical instrument before.
- The Eagle Band is comprised of students in 5th Grade who played in the Beginner Band during their 4th Grade year.
- 6th Grade Band is offered as an elective for 6th Grade students.
- 7th and 8th Grade Band is offered as an elective for 7th and 8th Grade students.
- The Rhetoric Band is offered as an elective for students in 9th through 12th Grades.
- The Jazz Band is an auditioned ensemble of students in 9th through 12th Grades. Students may audition in the spring to be considered for the upcoming year’s Jazz Band. This group learns the traditional jazz playing style, which focuses on improvisation.
Bands perform two major programs per year (Winter and Spring) and provide music for many Caldwell programs, including Veterans’ Day, Grandparents’ Day, and our graduation ceremony. Additionally, bands perform off-campus in the ACSI Band Festival and in various places in the community, including area retirement homes and at Caldwell’s Barnes and Noble Book Fair. Emphasis is placed on developing musicianship, discipline, and camaraderie, as well as glorifying God through His great gift of music.