Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth, burst into jubilant song and music . . .
Caldwell Academy students in grades 3 through 5 have the opportunity to join our Grammar Choir. This choir meets after school once a week and performs at multiple events throughout the year. Students learn the basics of singing in an ensemble, following a director, performance etiquette, and singing harmony.
Dialectic and Rhetoric Choirs
Dialectic and Rhetoric students may choose choir as an elective. Students in these choirs learn to sight-read and use proper ensemble singing techniques while gaining a wealth of performance experience. Dialectic and Rhetoric ensembles also provide occasional solo opportunities and the opportunity to participate in the ACSI Music Festival. An auditioned ensemble from our Rhetoric choirs has been accepted and performed with the National Youth Choir at Carnegie Hall multiple times.
- 6th Grade Choir is offered as an elective for 6th Grade students.
- 7th and 8th Grade Choir is offered as an elective for 7th and 8th Grade students.
- Rhetoric Concert Choir is open to all 9th through 12th Grade students. No audition is required.
- Caldwell Singers is an auditioned ensemble of 12 to 20 Rhetoric singers who represent Caldwell in the community. This group sings for private and civic organizations around the city, as well as area retirement and nursing homes.
- Belle Voci is an auditioned ensemble of young ladies who represent Caldwell in the community.