At Caldwell Academy we value the ability to attract and retain a community who is passionately committed to our mission and vision. We further believe that our school is enriched and strengthened through a student body that is socioeconomically diverse. We understand that for some families, the decision to pursue a private education comes down to a question of value and affordability. For this reason, we are excited to offer a variable tuition schedule.
While every family at Caldwell is expected to contribute to the cost of tuition and fees to the extent their circumstances allow, our variable tuition helps us to tailor tuition to the needs of your family.
Tuition ranges for the 2017-2018 school year are as follows:
Variable Tuition Range
|K||$8,269||$4,217 – $8,269|
|1-5||$9,178||$4,681 – $9,178|
|6-8||$10,777||$5,496 – $10,777|
|9-12||$10,915||$5,567 – $10,915|
While most families will fall within the ranges listed above, depending upon family income, number of dependents, and other considerations, you may qualify for more assistance. Caldwell Academy uses a third-party service, Independent School Management’s Financial Aid for School Tuition (FAST), to tailor tuition to each family’s circumstances.
Variable Tuition Quick Facts and Links
- Parents must complete the school application before beginning the variable tuition process.
- Once the FAST application is complete, taxes must be sent to this address: Independent School Management, Attn: FAST Processing, 1316 N. Union Street, Wilmington, DE 19806
As always, please feel free to contact Enrollment Director April Hedman with questions or concerns.
Additional fees and expenses not covered by tuition:
- Application Fee: All new applications must be accompanied by a $100 nonrefundable application fee per student.
- Testing Fees: All Kindergarten and rising 1st Grade applicants will be charged a $75 fee for a Gesell Assessment. Additional testing fees may apply for all applicants.
- Contract Release Fee: A contract release fee is required for all new students in Grades 1-12. Kindergarten students are not required to pay the contract release fee. The contract release provides for a refund of 75 percent of unused tuition due at the time of student withdrawal for any non-disciplinary reason provided the student has attended 10 consecutive school days. This one-time payment is 3 percent of the annual tuition before any down payments or discounts and is due on or before June 5, 2017 or at the time of contract submission.
- Uniforms are not covered by tuition and may be purchased from Lands End. For your convenience, we offer a used uniform sale on campus several times throughout the year.
- Some additional fees for field trips are billed to parents of participating students.