When you decide you wish to pursue enrollment at Caldwell for your child, the admissions process follows these steps:
- Parents submit the application, application fee, and the signed release of records form.
- The Admissions Office creates an admissions file and requests the student’s transcripts, test scores, and teacher evaluations from the student’s current school for inclusion in the file. Rhetoric applicants must also submit a writing sample. After a review of the file, the Enrollment Director schedules an academic assessment for the student.
- Parents read informative materials provided by the Admissions Office that help define classical Christian education.
- The student comes to campus for an academic assessment. A grade-level teaching team reviews the assessment results and the Enrollment Director contacts parents for follow-up. Additional testing may be helpful or needed at this point.
- The Enrollment Director schedules a parent interview that includes the principal of the school you have applied to ─ Grammar, Dialectic, or Rhetoric. In the case of Dialectic and Rhetoric applicants, the student must participate in the interview process as well.
- A summary of the entire file goes to the Admissions Committee for review and an admission decision.
- If the committee offers admission, Caldwell Academy issues an enrollment contract for the parents to sign.
- Parents return the contract within 10 days of receipt, along with the contract deposit.
Back to top